Quintana Roo has a strategic geographic location that is needs to be exploited and become a world reference for commerce between North and Central America.
In terms of international air traffic, Cancun International Airport is the 1st ranking airport nationwide, providing excellent international connectivity, not only for tourism but also for businesses of all kind.
We welcome investors that want to exploit the development of Quintana Roo, building networks that enhance the connectivity between the north and south of the State.
- Quintana Roo holds 14 marine ports, 4 airports, and 3 industrial parks.
- The Secretary of Transportation, as of today, has invested 754 millions of USD in 24 projects that account for 858.3 km of roads and highways.
- Opportunities in infrastructure arise in all strategic economic sectors.
Quintana Roo is the gateway to the world’s most important markets
- In 2016, Cancún International Airport was the second busiest airport in Mexico in terms of passenger traffic and the first busiest in terms of international passengers in regular service.
- In 2016, Cancún airport handled 21,415,795 passengers, a 9.28% increase compared to 2015.
- 55% of the visits came from the US, 13.56% from Canada, and 5.86% from the UK.
- In the last 10 years YoY% passenger traffic has increased at an average rate of 10.82%.
- Destinations from all around the world connect to Cancun with over 60 airlines currently operating.
- Connected to 29 different countries, 104 permanent destinations, and 29 seasonal destinations.
- Cancun Airport is Mexico’s first airport to have the capacity to undergo both takeoffs and landings on dual runways.
- The airport offers 3 terminals and a 4th is opening in 2017.
Housing prices have increased in the last 2 years showing consumer confidence and economic growth.